[jbpm-dev] Support for assignments with dialects

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Fri May 6 15:39:22 EDT 2011

Antoine,

Sorry for the late reply, it's been very busy in Boston on JUDCon /
JBossWorld :)

I've refactored something like that already, the ProcessDialect now
includes an assignment builder:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-flow-builder/src/main/java/org/jbpm/process/builder/AssignmentBuilder.java

The XPath dialect then uses this to build XPath assignments:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-bpmn2/src/main/java/org/jbpm/bpmn2/xpath/XPATHAssignmentBuilder.java

But this would also allow you to create other dialects (or extend
existing ones) to support assignment in other languages.

Would this be sufficient for your use case?

Kris