[jbpm-dev] new blog post about processes and rules integration

Maciej Swiderski mswiders at redhat.com
Sat Aug 4 06:49:26 EDT 2012

Mauricio, these posts are really good. I like that they are kind of
series that provides more and more details and advanced usage scenarios
and what's in my opinion most important real life examples. Great work!

Any idea on how many posts you are going to provide? Was wondering that
it looks like nice content to be introduced into documentation as well.
Maybe not whole posts but sort of essence of it, as users especially new
comers will look into documentation first and could not be aware of our
blogs, wdyt?

So far you have not introduced the main (in my opinion) integration
between process and rule - business rule task, but that is probably
scheduled for next posts... However introduction of using work item
handlers here is more than needed. That gives opportunity to users to
get a chance to get familiar with work item handlers concept.

In the third one - great stuff is about reactive modes - both based on
fireUntilHalt and event listeners and some pros and cons of each
solution. Have not tried the examples myself but what could really rock
is an runnable example for each post to conclude it.

P.S.
While reading I spotted few minor things:
- on first post last two process diagrams (illustrations) shows
inclusive gateway but both text and annotations on its sequence flows
refer to/suggest exclusive gateway
- on third post I think you meant beforeProcessStarted method of process
event listener instead of afterProcessStarted as when this method is
called process is already finished or reached first state node which
could be after some rules evaluation nodes, isn't it?

Maciej