[jbpm-dev] Simplifying Oryx Designer using resolution of global variable and parameter mapping at runtime

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:38:50 EDT 2012

The problem is that BPMN2 specification requires the variables to be
defined.
What you will need to do is to modify Designer to automatically create the
required variables according to the IO specification of the tasks you have.
Unfortunately this is not as easy as it sounds ;).
Designer keeps a representation of the process in JSON format. That JSON is
then converted into BPMN2 when it is saved. When you open a process
Designer first converts it from BPMN2 to JSNO back again.
You will need to tweak the Marshalling/Unmarshalling process..
The classes in charge of this are:
 org/jbpm/designer/bpmn2/impl/Bpmn2JsonMarshaller.java and
java/org/jbpm/designer/bpmn2/impl/Bpmn2JsonUnmarshaller.java

@Tiho, do you see a better solution?

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com