[jbpm-dev] Guvnor REST api authentication

John Dunlap jdunlap at Vertek.com
Tue Dec 4 09:35:21 EST 2012

Greetings,

I'm attempting to integrate with Guvnor using its REST API. However, it seems that the only kind of authentication which is supported is spring-security backed form authentication instead of the simpler http basic auth that I was expecting to find. I've tried authenticating against it using multiple http clients but I universally receive an http 409 status code. The server logs aren't very helpful. Authenticating in a browser works just fine but I haven't been able to do so via jboss resteasy or apache httpclient. I suppose I could be setting up the request incorrectly but, looking at the chrome developer tools, I haven't been able to find a significant difference. Is there a configuration setting somewhere that I can use to enable basic auth on the guvnor web service api?

Cheers!
-John