[jbpm-dev] Human Task Module API and DataStructures Proposed changes

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:02:01 EDT 2012

Hi guys,
I'm back with more wiki pages. I was thinking about how to improve the
Human Task Module and I came back with this wiki page
that shows some proposals.
The main idea behind the proposal is to modularize as much as we can the
features provided by the human task module. I've also included
into the proposal the concept of TaskDefinition which will allow us to add
a nice integration with the form builder (in modeling and in runtime
phases).

I'm trying to move towards CDI to leverage all the mechanisms provided by
the framework and the fact that exposing CDI beans across different
platforms is extremely easy these days.

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HumanTaskAPIAndDataStructuresProposal

I understand that the changes proposed in the wiki looks quite heavy, but I
do believe that we can fit the current code base into that structure
without loosing functionality.

The document is showing APIs and Data Structures only. i think that we can
assume that all the services implementation will represent simple stateless
services which will
insert and read information from a database, so architecturally speaking
from that perspective the service implementations should be straight
forward.

I will be filling the Data Structure Sections briefly, but I would like to
share the main concepts with you guys to gather feedback, as always.

Cheers

 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -