[jbpm-dev] Support for Hibernate 4 and JPA2

Marco Rietveld mrietvel at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 03:56:31 EDT 2012

Hi Ove!

I did some work on this early this year -- thanks very much for your
pull request, it made my work a lot easier.

We've done the following in the past year:

- changed jbpm-persistence-jpa so that the hibernate 3.3 dependency is
no longer hard-coded into the code, so to speak
- I know that Mauricio corrected some queries in human-task that weren't
JPA 2 compliant.
- added a "hibernate-4" maven profile that you can compile using
hibernate 4/JPA 2.

I might have done one or two other things for this, but I can't remember
them any more  -- which means they also weren't of any consequence.

Regardless, see
http://mriet.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/jpa-2-with-drools-and-jbpm/
Ignore the second part (¨Developer bits and ranting"), I just reread it
and had trouble following it myself.. :/

When I initially did all of this work, there were 2 or 3 problems in
various modules -- code that worked under hib 3.3/jpa 1 but not hib
4/jpa 2. Unfortunately, while one or two might have been fixed
(human-task queries), I think that there are probably one or two still
left -- these were problems that I was at a loss to explain/fix at the
time.

Thanks,
Marco

22-06-12 19:27, Ove Ranheim:
> Hi guys,
>
> Earlier this year I provided a patch for Drools and jBPM to support Hibernate 4 and JPA2. My git commit was rejected due to committed to EAP5. Reasonable enough.
>
> Now that EAP6 is key to JBoss. What plans do you have in Drools and jBPM to support Hibernate 4 and JPA2?
>
> I'm still running on my patched version of Drools and jBPM in such respect and look forward to be able to comply with future stack releases.
>
> Cheers,
> Ove
> www.musific.com

jBPM/Drools developer