[jbpm-dev] [jbpm 5.2] delete task rows when a process ends

Jeffrey DeLong jdelong at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 12:39:04 EDT 2012

Both process instances and their associated tasks should be removed from the database once the process has complete. This needs to be automated, as users may start 100K process per day. Removing them manually from an admin console is absolutely not going to work.

FYI this was real flaw in jBPM3. Customers would start 100 of thousands of processes unaware that their database tables were growing (particularly if they did not turn off the audit log. After six months or so their system crawled to a halt because they had tens of millions of rows in their various tables.

Jeff