[jbpm-dev] [JBPM 5.x] service task repository

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 13:43:41 EDT 2012

I think you have very valid points. IMO just:
1) There should not be a limitation exposed on users to have to have
Guvnor (and thus a J2EE server) running in order to host static files
(service repo).
2) Guvnor assets are divided into packages, if you lets say have a
"serviceRepo" package and from what I can tell you say build it and
expose a pkg or zip or whatever, someone on the other end has to
understand what a pkg file is/isnot or have to know how to unzip etc.
3) If you do not have a dedicated guvnor package for your service repo,
then you need advanced logic to piece together all assets that belong to
your repo..in the same environment that your users are
developing/modelling in..not very intuitive imo.
4) Let's say you want to use guvnor and this is some sort of
mission-critical service repo for you, to do this now you need a
clustering environement of J2EE server(s) and Guvnor running in a
cluster all connected to a clustered JCR repo..etc etc..instead of just
pushing your static files to akamai and call it a day :)

Thanks.