[jbpm-dev] jBPM maven archetypes

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:46:59 EDT 2012

That sounds amazing, and it will go staring to the jBPM5 Dev Guide book.
Because we need those kind of things to make dev life easier.
A web archetype with different profiles and some arquillian configurations
for testing agains different AS and Servlet containers will be a great
start. We all know that we need to have a central place to define which
dependencies gets affected by different Application Servers.

My 2 cents

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Maciej Swiderski <mswiders at redhat.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> thought I will share this with you as some can have similar needs - I
> created a new repository on github for maven archetypes related to jbpm
> (https://github.com/mswiderski/jbpm-archetypes). It is on my github but
> if we think that could be useful in the future we could promote it to
> the main location. Currently there is only one archetype available for
> building domain specific services that will do quite a bit for developer:
> - prepare project with initial structure (wid file template, help web
> page template, work item handler class template)
> - comes with assembly definition that will package the project into
> structure that service repository expects
> - wid file will be populated with all runtime dependencies derived from pom
>
> So developer needs to define service dependencies, implement the handler
> and define the work item (parameters, icon, description and eclipse
> editor if special one is needed).
>
> I think we can add more archetypes for jBPM such as web application
> archetype to bootstrap developers to start developing systems based on
> jBPM.
>
> For those that would like to give it a test drive, simple clone the
> repo, run mvn clean install and then you are ready to build your domain
> specific services by generating the project from the archetype: mvn
> archetype:generate . By default it will be in interactive mode so you'll
> be asked some questions, Archetype that you need is
> org.jbpm:domain-service-archetype.
>
> Comments? Thoughts?
>
> Cheers
> Maciej