[jbpm-dev] JBPM Eclipse

nag raj mranraj at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 7 01:18:39 EDT 2013

Dear Mauricio Salatino,

Sorry I still remember it is developers list, I have already wrote in forums and Kris's blog but there was no reply. It is my last resort before I move on to other BPM solution.

I have been struggling with the email notifications in human task.

1. When a task is created, I want to send an automated email notification to the user. I don’t want to do it from my java code and wanted to use the human task to accomplish this.

2. From the documentation I understood that I can use the task’s notifications property to configure this.

3. If I want to send notification immediately is there any other way to do this instead of Type (I.e. not-started) + expires At (I.e. 1m) combination? I remember I read somewhere in V3 “notify= true” property will do this.

4. Notifications takes the ‘user’ as input for the FROM and TO columns instead of email address. This brings me to my next questions how to map USER/organizationalentity with email address. Please advice how to accomplish this with mySql instead of property files.

5. How to configure smtp with authorization which the human task can use to send email? In a desperate move I have configured in standalone.xml  and manage to send email from jboss, is it the right way?

Finally, is V 5.4 is production ready? did anybody used it production environment?

Thank you.
Raj

"The difficult I can do today. The impossible will take a little longer." (Billie Holiday)