[jbpm-dev] How do i get access to a WorkItem

Afshad Dinshaw afshadd at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 17 02:10:53 EDT 2013

Sorry for posting this question here but the jbpm forum has been down for a long time.

I am interested in getting access through the api to the Input and Output parameters of a Human Task service in a process

I see that this information lies in WorkItem if im not mistaken using getParameters() and getResults()

However how do I get access to the work item for a particular ProcessInstance pi?

I tried the following
Collection<org.drools.runtime.process.NodeInstance> nodeInstances = ((RuleFlowProcessInstance)pInstance).getNodeInstances();  From the node instances i tried to get the Work item:
WorkItem workItem = nodeInstance.getWorkItem();

but got a NPE since it seems the InternalKnowledgeRuntime is null in WorkItemNodeInstance getWorkItem()

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

Afshad Dinshaw
afshadd at yahoo.com