[jbpm-dev] jBPM on Android

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:34:54 EDT 2013

Hi Rajat,
Sorry for my late response. And yes, as Jiri mention you can start working
with jBPM6 now.
Depending on what do you want to do I would suggest to play with the jbpm
console ng to see how it works in an Android Mobile.
I would recommend not to create a new UI for all the functionality that the
console is providing.
We can focus on Task List first (which I believe is the most useful thing
for mobiles) .

So contact me off list and we can discuss a plan that you feel comfortable
with.

Cheers

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Jiri Svitak <jsvitak at redhat.com> wrote:

>  Hello Rajet,
>
> I have supervised two bachelor projects regarding to the subject this
> year. If you are interested, you can take a look here:
>
> https://github.com/lenka8d/tasks
> The first one uses jbpm 5 engine inside the Android phone to automate
> certain tasks.
>
> https://github.com/samo42/jBPM-Client
> The second one is an Android app which connects to jBPM 5
> gwt-console-server REST API and is able to manage process instances.
>
> I think that there multiple ways how to involve in this project. Either
> you can create another set of examples how to automate tasks on Android. Or
> you can improve Android as a jBPM
> client. This means to develop a native Android app for process and task
> management, which will connect to jBPM 6 kie workbench's REST API. Also it
> is possible to extend web user interface of the jBPM 6 console ng to
> provide web pages optimized for mobile phones.
>
> My recommendation is to work with jBPM 6 and I find the last topic to be
> the most worthy to investigate and improve. I think you can discuss that
> with salaboy, who is the console ng developer.
>
> Thanks,
> Jiri
>

> On 07/13/2013 01:25 AM, Rajat Jain wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
>  This is Rajat Jain from India. I don't know if this is the correct place
> for this post, but I couldn't contact Kris Verlanen.
>
>  I have been browsing through the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) projects
> shortlisted for 2013 and I came across jBPM on Android<https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC13Ideas#jBPM_on_Android>
> .
>

>  I would like to work on this project. Can anyone elaborate on the
> project, like what are the deliverable(s)/aims and current status of the
> project.
>

>  Also how can I start ? I have a fair knowledge of java and Android.
>

>  Regards
>
> Rajat.

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com <http://salaboy.wordpress.com>
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar