[jbpm-dev] Deployment using jbpm6 built

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 06:59:57 EDT 2013

Gabriel,

In the authoring perspective, you would create and save your processes,
and once you believe you have a version that can be released, you should
open the project editor for that project and click build & deploy.  This
will build the kjar and deploy it so it can be picked up by the
runtime.  What you will see is that it will also create an entry in the
deploy view (meaning that this jar should be deployed to the runtime).
So in theory, if everything works correctly, you don't have to use the
deploy view (as it should auto-deploy if you click the build & deploy
button in the project editor), but you can use that to add/remove
specific kjars from runtime deployment.

Note that this is very similar to how Guvnor used to work in the 5.x
version, you don't want changes to be picked up in the runtimes as soon
as you save a file, only once you've correctly built and deployed the
kjar, it will be picked up.

Hope this helps!

Kris