[jbpm-dev] JBPM SMTP gmail configuration

Jeewani Lakshani [IT/EKO/LOITS] JeewaniL at lolctech.com
Wed Apr 30 08:15:35 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I am trying to configure email from JBPM6 and I have updated my standalone full.xml as follows,

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:mail:1.0">

            <mail-session jndi-name="java:jboss/mail/Default">

                <smtp-server ssl="true" outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp">

                    <login name="@gmail.com" password="*****f"/>

                </smtp-server>

            </mail-session>

<outbound-socket-binding name="mail-smtp">

            <remote-destination host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587"/>

        </outbound-socket-binding>

But I get the following error.  Please assist me. Even I set TLS="true" it is not working

Caused by: org.jbpm.bpmn2.handler.WorkItemHandlerRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to send email

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.AbstractLogOrThrowWorkItemHandler.handleException(AbstractLogOrThrowWorkItemHandler.java:40) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.1.Final]

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.AbstractLogOrThrowWorkItemHandler.handleException(AbstractLogOrThrowWorkItemHandler.java:23) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.1.Final]

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem(EmailWorkItemHandler.java:75) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  at org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(JPAWorkItemManager.java:56) [drools-persistence-jpa-6.0.1.Final.jar:6.0.1.Final]

  at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:124) [jbpm-flow-6.0.1.Final.jar:6.0.1.Final]

  ... 71 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to send email

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.SendHtml.sendHtml(SendHtml.java:73) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.SendHtml.sendHtml(SendHtml.java:45) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem(EmailWorkItemHandler.java:69) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  ... 73 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Connection failure

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.SendHtml.sendHtml(SendHtml.java:67) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  ... 75 more

Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. vu3sm6577316igc.6 - gsmtp

  at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:2057) [mail-1.4.4.jar:1.4.4]

  at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1580) [mail-1.4.4.jar:1.4.4]

  at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1097) [mail-1.4.4.jar:1.4.4]

  at org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.SendHtml.sendHtml(SendHtml.java:65) [jbpm-workitems-6.0.0.Final.jar:6.0.0.Final]

  ... 75 more

*         Edit<https://community.jboss.org/update-advanced-comment.jspa?id=871445>

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.