[jbpm-dev] services registered by OSGi bundle activators of Kie, Drools and Jbpm are still needed ?

Cristiano Gavião cvgaviao at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:02:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

has a long time that I don't play with Drools and JBPM source code. This
week I was walking through them again and saw a lot of new elements,
interfaces and new ways to setup things.

I saw that some Blueprint specific annotations and classes were created
(kie-aries-blueprint).
But the existent osgi activators are still registering some services
that seems not be appropriated anymore. at least they are different from
the set of elements in blueprint namespace (environment, kmodule, kbase
and others ) that I saw.

For example, in activator of drools-core we have a
KnowledgeBaseFactoryServiceImpl being registered. in drools-compiler we
have KnowledgeBuilderFactoryServiceImpl being registered.

I can't use blueprint, so I need to figure out what is the best setup
workflow for OSGi and get the proper services registered.

Question, is the kie-aries-blueprint.xsd reflecting the actual state of
kie, drools and jbpm core setup workflow, so I can use it as start point?

could someone check that and give me a feedback ?

many thanks,

Cristiano