[jbpm-users] unable to deploy a process definition (jBPM 4 b2)

SirFrancis sirfrancis at riotstarters.de
Thu Apr 23 04:36:03 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm new to the jBPM Framework, and I'm trying to setup jBPM 4 on a
Weblogic 10.3 Server. After the first steps i faced some errors and I'm
not able to fix them
up on my own. So, hopefully someone of this list can/will help me.
For the first setup and evaluation, I've created a simple web
application with a servlet to use jBPM. I've packed all the libs from
the installation folder in the "WEB-INF/lib" folder and
created a function to instantiate a configuration, instantiate a
ProcessEngine and to retrieve the offered services (e.g.
RepositoryService, TaskService,...).
To this point everything works fine.

Now I'm trying to deploy my first process definition (one of the example
definitions), but this always ends up with following error :

<22.04.2009 18.34 Uhr CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020>
<[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext at f48eb5 - appName:
'jBPM_Test_simpleWebApp', name: 'jBPM_Test_simpleWebApp.war',
context-path: '/jBPM_Test_simpleWebApp', spec-version: '2.5'] Servlet
failed with Exception

org.jbpm.JbpmException: problems during deployment: errors:

error: couldn't parse xml document : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
When using array of Objects as the value of SCHEMA_SOURCE property , no
two Schemas should share the same targetNamespace.
error: couldn't interpret the dom model: null :
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.repository.RepositorySessionImpl.deploy(RepositorySessionImpl.java:63)
at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:49)
at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:35)
at
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DefaultCommandService.execute(DefaultCommandService.java:42)
at
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.StandardTransactionInterceptor.execute(StandardTransactionInterceptor.java:54)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

complete stacktrace at --> http://riotstarters.de/jBPM_stacktrace_1.txt

Here is my code to deploy a process definition :
RepositoryService repositoryService = processEngine.getRepositoryService();
Deployment newDeployment = repositoryService.createDeployment();
newDeployment.addResourceFromClasspath("/test_2_process.jpdl.xml", is);
long deploymentId = newDeployment.deploy();

To be sure the resource is available, I have also created an input
stream und successfully read the file into a string. After ensuring
the resource is available I tried to add the resource via
"addResourceFrom InputStream". This also ends up with an error.
Other researches I've already done:
-> I've validated that the used process definition has a "name"
attribute defined
-> I've validated that the defined encoding in the process definition is
correct.

So it would be great if anyone can help me to bring up jBPM running
properly.
Any tips and hints are welcome.

thanks and best regards
SirFrancis