[jbpm-users] Cannot register link to offline partner

Holger Machens machens at informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de
Tue Dec 22 14:18:28 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm playing around with the trip BPEL example.

I'm actually trying to involve a partner in the workflow who does not
support the online retrieval of it's WSDL (e.g. by using a URL like this
http://my.base.url/service?wsdl).

Both, the partner registration Ant Task and the jBPM BPEL Console demand
two parameters:

1. base url          (mandatory)
2. description file  (optional)

According to the examples the base url is used to specify an URL for
online retrieval of the WSDL (as mentioned above). The description file
is an optional parameter to specify a locally available WSDL file.

To register the offline partner I defined base url (because it's
mandatory) and description file but the RegisterServlet throws an
exception stating that the WSDL is of content type "application/xml"
instead of "text/xml".

After downloading sources for jbpm-bpel 1.2 and removing the content
type check (temporary) I noticed that the servlet still tries to access
the base url when opening the Partner Services page in the jBPM BPEL
Console. The error message is: Unable to resolve imported document at
'http://my.base.url/service?wsdl'. And when accessing the partner link
from within the workflow I get a BpelException mentioning that no port
implements the required portType.

After a while, a noticed what's going wrong: You can't use import
statements in the WSDL file, because the engine tries to resolve them at
the location of the base url. Just incorporate all files into one file -
then it works.

BTW: Do you provide an undeploy task or an unregister task as
counterparts of register and deployment tasks anywhere?

Any comments welcome!

Regards
  Holger