[jbpm-users] jBPM-4.2 Upgrade problems

Erik Dannenberg e.dannenberg at blooparksystems.de
Sun Nov 8 11:10:13 EST 2009

Hello,

just upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2, upgrade went smoothly, however i got some weird behavior now. I deployed a process we had running in 4.1, all works well except for jobs. Said process has a wait state with a timer on it. Once the timer executed i get

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry 'createBlogAccount.210301.waitForConfirmation' for key 2
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:931)

i can still signal the process after that and the process will execute and show end status just fine after that. However if i dont signal the process it will hang forever as the next timer wont get initialized.

Another thing i noticed, when i start said process the gwt console shows n/a for activity in the instance overview , with 4.1/gwt 1.1 it showed the correct waiting state. Also, gwt console seems to initialize hibernates 2 times now, is that intended?

All test were done with jbpm4.2, vanilla tomcat 6 install, only changed db properties to use mysql.