[jbpm-users] [jBPM Users] - Re: Jbpm 4.2 how to enable variable history

xalperte do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 13 16:41:47 EST 2009

Well, this is the problem, by default the setVariable implementation (ScopeInstanceImpl.java) is always calling the createVariable method with false for the "isHistoryEnabled" argument, then never creates an HistoryVariable.

The "deletes instances" means exactly that, the jbpm is deleting the execution information from database when the process reaches the end state (all the instance data in the jbpm4_execution, jbpm4_jobs, jbpm4_variable, jbpm4_task tables) . In fact, the "assertProcessInstanceEnded" of the JbpmTestCase class checks if the instance is ended looking if the instance exists or not in the database.

When the executions are deleted the variables associated to them are also deleted losing all the data associated with the process.

I think this must be the correct behaviour for the execution information, but there is a bug is in the Variable History side.

What we can do in order to maintain the process data? It's really a very important issue, without that the jbpm 4.2 can not be used in production environments.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4265625#4265625

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4265625