[jdf-users] [jdf] Re: JBoss Developer Framework

Disqus notifications at disqus.net
Mon Dec 17 18:06:40 EST 2012

Jason Porter <> wrote, in response to Alfredo Osorio:

This is simply another way of doing things. You could do the same thing with JSF and simply call the actual REST endpoints manually in a backing bean (so you don't have to do the extra HTTP call). This approach

User's website: http://www.facebook.com/lightguard.jp
IP address: 63.248.81.177
Link to comment: http://redirect.disqus.com/url?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjboss.org%2Fjdf%2Fexamples%2Fticket-monster%2Ftutorial%2FUserFrontEnd%2F%23comment-741167082%3A-MzL7ECmK-0Mlv0SMPpQBCGMWAY&imp=e5a00246-5b60-4819-a65e-9fd556d7eb66&zone=notifications.clicks&forum=jdf&thread=714548929

Alfredo Osorio wrote:

I really enjoyed reading this tutorial because it introduced new concepts, but I have these questions:
Why did you guys choose to build the application using MVC client side frameworks instead of JSF which is part of the Java EE 6? What advantage does this offer over JSF? You still need a connection to the server to consume the JSON Rest Services. Anyway thanks for the tutorial!

-----
Options: You can moderate through email. Respond in the body with "Delete". Reply with "Like" to like this comment, or respond with anything else to approve this comment and post your message as a reply comment.

Or use the moderate panel: http://jdf.disqus.com/admin/moderate/#/pending
To turn off notifications, go to: http://disqus.com/account/