[jdf-users] New comment posted on JBoss Developer Framework

Disqus notifications at disqus.net
Tue Nov 19 07:53:57 EST 2013

franleplant <franleplant at gmail.com> wrote, in response to Vineet Reynolds:

Hey Vineet!

Thanks for your quick response, so, if I follow up those easy steps I could deploy the app in Open Shift and also use PostgreSql DB without making any changes to the persistance.xml or the code base?

I think that is simply amazing, the Jboss stack is one the most wonderful thing I've seen in Java.

Fran

IP address: 201.231.7.112
Link to comment: http://redirect.disqus.com/url?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjboss.org%2Fjdf%2Fexamples%2Fticket-monster%2Ftutorial%2FIntroduction%2F%23comment-1129481183%3A90nTMfTzTKZTdGAlNVN3OZ4FbeI&impression=a6f98882-5119-11e3-8411-003048de3680&type=notification.post.moderator&event=email&behavior=click

Vineet Reynolds wrote:

Hi franleplant,

    At the moment you could use PostgreSQL on OpenShift.

You'll need to follow the instructions here http://www.jboss.org/jdf/examples/ticket-monster/tutorial/WhatIsTicketMonster/#how-can-you-run-it . Specifically run "mvn clean package -Ppostgresql-openshift" and then deploy on an EAP 6 OpenShift cartridge that also has the PostgreSQL cartridge added. Running the Maven package goal with the "postgresql-openshift" profile will ensure that a persistence.xml file tailored for OpenShift w/PostgreSQL is packaged into the TicketMonster WAR.

You could also use the "postgresql" profile, like "mvn clean package -Ppostgresql" for a standalone deployment, but we haven't covered installation of the JDBC driver onto a local JBoss instance in this tutorial.

Hope this helps.

-----
Options: You can moderate through email. Respond in the body with "Delete". Reply with "Like" to like this comment, or respond with anything else to approve this comment and post your message as a reply comment.

Or use the moderate panel: http://jdf.disqus.com/admin/moderate/#/pending

Stop receiving notifications when new comments are posted:
http://disqus.com/account/#notifications