[jopr-dev] review my proposal for the AI queue UI page

Charles Crouch ccrouch at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 11:29:48 EST 2009

So how does the AI page function now when compared to the AI portlet? In terms of what gets selected when I check a platform I think they should be the same, otherwise we're going to cause more confusion.

My 2c, the use case for people wanting to import just their platforms is not a very common one, mostly people want to easily import all the stuff they have discovered, or everything except for certain types of items.

We may not want to bite this off now, but I'd be fine with thinking outside of the tree-with-check-boxes rendering view, e.g.
instead have something like the browse resources page where you can filter on resource category (platform/server) and resource type (linux/jbas/apache), have "negative filters" (show me everything except the result of this filter), a recursive check box (if you want to filter on platforms and bring everything in), then just a big Import/Ignore button that works on the entire filtered results. This sounds more like a feature request :-)

Cheers
Charles