[jopr-dev] jsf navigation rule question

Joseph Marques jmarques at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 20:17:17 EST 2009

ok, so it turns out this is the standard error handling mechanism for
JSF.  if there is some error during the JSF lifecycle, the default
navigation handler will *forward* back to the same page you came from.
in this case, you get punted back to "create.xhtml".  and, since we're
dealing with forwards, you lose your "state", namely the id parameter.
so, if you want the navigation rule to work, the JSF lifecycle needs to
NOT be interrupted.  gotta fix whatever error is happening after you
click cancel.