[jopr-dev] new UI look

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 00:33:52 EST 2009

First, I love the new fonts - much cleaner, very easily readable.

Second, I didn't think I would, but I'm OK with the grey MICA icons.

Third, I do not like the "Configure" MICA icon - it looks too similar to the "Service" resource icon (the sprocket). I suggest the "C" MICA icon should be a wrench.

Forth, the "inventory" icon is blah - I'd much prefer the tag. That dog-ear'ed piece of paper icon can mean 100 different things (in fact, its what I had for content before :)

Fifth, the package MICA icon is blah too - though, I'm not sure how easy it is to build a 3-D box in 13x13 pixels. I'm more OK with this than I am the inventory icon.

Sixth, I really wish we had some way of explaining the difference between the "group" icon and the "folder" icon in the left-nav (e.g. group vs. subcategory). I can easily see this be a point of confusion for people.