[jopr-dev] reducing purge times

Gregory Hinkle ghinkle at redhat.com
Sun Jan 25 11:23:27 EST 2009

RT data could be a risk, but I'm not sure that as much about the
duration of storage as it is about how many apps its safe to watch.
I could see triming down defaults on that if it's show to help a
typical environment.

I really would not want trait or avail data to default to under 1 year.
These are both RLE and should not have huge amounts of data. Also,
with our recent enhancement to the current avail attachement I think
a large availability table will be less of a concern to UI performance.
Why are there 4.5M rows in our test infrastructure? Perhaps because
we bounce the heck out of it (unlike a typical real world environment)?
Avail information is important for historical analysis... don't purge
until necessary. (i'd like to see an alternative to purging it at all)

- Greg