[jopr-dev] agent plugin file upload to the server works!

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 10:24:21 EST 2009

Hey, I just confirmed the new RichFaces we have fixes the agent plugin
file-upload problem!

So, we now have the ability to file upload an agent plugin to the server
using the UI ("manage plugins" admin page - see the richfaces
file-upload component at the bottom). No more manually copying jars to
the rhq-downloads/rhq-plugins directory! :)

Upload a new agent plugin (or update an existing one) and notice that it
will update the database with the new code. If an agent then tries to
update its plugins, it'll get the new one (if its a brand new plugin,
this works in an HA server cloud - doesn't matter which server the agent
asked for the plugin! neat trick)

If you update an existing plugin in an HA server cloud, you need to wait
5 minutes (30 seconds if its a dev build) for all the servers in the
cloud to update themselves before the agents can update its plugins -
or, if you do not want to wait, go to that same "manage plugins" UI
admin page in all your servers and click "SCAN FOR UPDATES".

Pretty cool, I should blog about this :)