[jopr-dev] Plugin Dependencies

Bruno Wassermann bruno.wassermann at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:41:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

This may be a typical newbie question...

I want the Axis plugin to be able to reuse some classes defined in the
Tomcat plugin, namely TomcatConfig. To achieve this lofty goal I add the
following to Axis.rhq-plugin.xml: <depends plugin="Tomcat"/>.
However, at runtime the class loader for the Axis plugin doesn't seem to
have loaded Tomcat's classes. Asking the agent to run a discovery scan, the
Axis plugin reports a NoClassDefFoundError for
org.jboss.on.tomcat.helper.TomcatConfig.

What am I getting wrong here? Do I have to manually add the Tomcat plugin's
jar file to my plugin?

Many thanks,

-- Bruno