[jopr-dev] plugin classloader - child first?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 15:11:53 EDT 2009

What would blow up if our plugin classloaders were all always child-first? Specificially, instances of our ChildFirstPluginClassLoader class?

I'm trying to see how I can make this stuff easier. And I'm thinkig - what if there was no choice - the plugin classloader is always child-first so it will always try to resolve classes using the plugin jars first, and only if the plugin cannot resolve them will it go up to its parents?