[jopr-dev] agent log tracking

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 01:45:08 EDT 2009

FYI: I added events functionality to the agent plugin - we now have the ability for the agent to perform log tracking of its main agent.log *AND* the command-trace.log (useful for debugging agent-server comm).

Since I'm working on the events stuff, I was seeing the latest summary tab and timeline with the cool new icons.

I'm sure many people have not been looking at this stuff recently, so I wanted to show you what this looks like via screenshots. Its pretty neat.

The summary.jpg is the Summary tab's event section - notice how it tells you how many events/logs you got of the different severities (here's our "bug-badged" event icon - I like it :)

The timeline.jpg shows you the new events icons with the badging (you'll see INFO, WARN and DEBUG badging).

In addition, you see the cool new "plugin configuration change successful" icon here too - each time you see it was a time when I updated the plugin configuration (this was me changing the settings for the event logging).

Just thought people might be interested in seeing this. I might blog on this stuff.