[jopr-dev] PC Configuration

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 13:41:42 EST 2010

On 02/03/2010 10:49 AM, Bruno Wassermann wrote:
> Where do PC configuration options go? Do they belong in the
> agent-configuration.xml file in rhq-agent/conf? For example,
> rhq.pc.event-report-max-per-source...

There are settings for things like that in agent-configuration.xml - all
settings in that file are commented with descriptions of what they do.

Read the comments at the very top of agent-configuration.xml to
understand how that configuration file works (i.e. its only read the
first time the agent starts; therefore, we read the persisted config
from the Java Preferences API - you would use --cleanconfig cmdline
option to clear your persisted config and re-read the config file).

There are also wiki docs on this:

http://www.rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/RHQ+Agent+Installation#RHQAgentInstallation-ConfiguretheRHQAgent