[jsfunit-dev] ClientFacade.clickLink not working for h:commandLink

Pieter Kuijpers pieter.kuijpers at luminis.nl
Tue Aug 7 10:59:27 EDT 2007

I'm trying to test a commandLink in a page with
ClientFacade.clickLink, but this does not seem to be working.

link.jsp:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<f:view>
	<head>
		<title>Link test</title>
	</head>
	<h:form>
		<h:commandLink id="link" value="click me" action="target"/>
	</h:form>
</f:view>

target.jsp:

	<head>
		<title>Link test successful</title>
	</head>
	Success.

Test code:

public class LinkTest extends TestCase {
     public void testClickLink() throws Exception {
         ClientFacade client = new ClientFacade("/link.faces");
         client.clickLink("link");
         assertEquals("Link test successful", client.getWebResponse
().getTitle());
     }
}

The HTML that is returned using client.getWebResponse().getText is
that of link.jsp. When I try the same test by hand, it is working OK.

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks,
Pieter Kuijpers.