[jsfunit-dev] Re: JSFUnit

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 15:33:02 EDT 2007

Jonathan Prindiville wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm not too sure whether you've been made aware of this or not yet, but
> it seems as though Clive (copied on this email) and I will be working
> with you on JSFUnit. We've just begun our 16-month internships -- about
> a month ago -- at the Toronto office.
>
> At the moment we don't have very much direction from any of the other
> JBoss folks around the office because of the frenzy around this upcoming
> release, so we've just been exploring a bit on our own (building AS,
> deployed the hellojsf-jsfunit demo, reading up on JBoss in general). Is
> there anything that we should be doing at the moment?
>
> Regards,
> Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes, I knew about it.  I'm very glad to have the help.

For now, you guys need to be learning JSF and its supporting
technologies such as servlets and JSP's.  You may prefer to use Facelets
instead of JSP, so you might want to look at that as well.

Also:
* See http://labs.jboss.com/jsfunit/
* Join the JSFUnit public mailing list:
* Get a Jira ID for http://jira.jboss.com
* Find out what you need to do to get comitter rights on the JSFUnit project
* Learn to build JSFUnit and run the demo from the command line

Lastly, I've created a Jira task for your project:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JSFUNIT-6

Right now it is assigned to me, but once you are added as a comitter we
can assign the task to one of you.  I'll be on vacation all next week,
but feel free to discuss the project on the mailing list or the JSFUnit
forum.  Then I can see everything when I get back.

Is that enough to keep you busy until then?  :-)

Thanks again for the help,

Stan