[jsfunit-dev] JSFUnit Update

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 14:22:37 EDT 2007

June was a pretty dead month for JSFUnit development.  I was out of town
for three of the last four weeks.  Most of the development time I had
available was spent on JBoss AS.

Now that June is almost over, it's time to ramp back up and get a beta
release out the door.  If JBoss World really happens in September then I
think that will be a great time to kick it off.  Otherwise, I still see
no reason that we shouldn't be able to release a beta in that time
frame, if not sooner.

There are three milestones that I think we need to meet before a beta:

1) Ant and Maven integration: The biggest hurdle to adoption of JSFUnit
will be the ease with which it integrates into a development
environment.  We must have something equal to or better than "cactify"
for JSFUnit.

Matt, are you still on board to help with this feature?

2) Build a comprehensive demo: We need to prove that JSFUnit can
effectively test a robust JSF application including AJAX components and
Seam.  We have a couple of Red Hat interns who have signed up for this
project.  Welcome Jonathan Prindiville and Clive Saldanha to the JSFUnit
project!

3) General feedback: In reaction to some feedback in the forum, I just
spent the last two days doing a huge refactoring of the facade API that
makes it much more robust and easier to use (See Jira JSFUNIT-5).  But
I'm sure there are other obvious improvements to be identified.

Please, if you haven't tried out JSFUnit for yourself yet, SPEND AN HOUR
AND GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK.

Lastly, I'm really excited about the potential of this project.  JSF is
becoming a huge part of the Java market and JSFUnit stands to become the
de facto choice for testing JSF applications.

Thanks to all of you for your help and continued support.

Stan