[jsfunit-dev] Another beta release?

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 15:02:42 EDT 2008

Brian Gregory wrote:
> Ideally I'd like to drop the HttpUnit support as
> soon as possible, but that depends upon how offended the community will be.
> ;)

Yea, that's something else we've got to consider.  At first I had in
mind to keep both for a short time to make it easier to transition.
Thus, you have the org.jboss.jsfunit.facade package for the old stuff
and org.jboss.jsfunit.jsfsession for the new stuff.  That way, you can
migrate your tests one at a time.  This is exactly what we have done
with JSFUnit itself, btw.

But for RichFacesClient, I didn't want a new package or a new class
name.  I probably should have taken the same approach and used a new
package.  So right now RichFacesClient is a bit of a mess.

Here is what I propose to do:
1) Create a new version of RichFacesClient in a new package called
org.jboss.jsfunit.richclient.  This will contain only HtmlUnit-based code.
2) Restore the old org.jboss.jsfunit.richfaces.RichFacesClient.  This
code will be the same as it was for beta 2.
3) Release beta 3 and tell everyone that you have between now and GA to
migrate your tests to the new packages.

Stan