[jsr-314-open] ADMIN: Final list of issues for JSF 2.0 and actions for each

Pete Muir pmuir at REDHAT.COM
Thu Apr 16 19:00:23 EDT 2009

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the update. Minor inline.

On 16 Apr 2009, at 23:44, Ed Burns wrote:

> This is the final list of issues for JSF 2.0.  No other issues will be
> considered for 2.0.
>
> I do not think content of any of these issues, nor their quantity,
> warrant another Proposed Final Draft, but I will of course produce an
> Editor's Draft for the public on jsr-314-open to review.
>
> I will send another email with the dates for the remainder of JSR-314.
>
> Any further discussion on any topic sent to this list will be rolled
> into the next release of the spec.
>
> SECTION: List of EG Members from whom I have obtained explicit buy-in
>
> I have obtained explicit buy in for this list in its present state
> from
> the following EG members.
>
>  Pete Muir Status: DONE, but need final official answer from JBoss.
> Promised by 1800 EDT 20090415.

I sent this to you yesterday around 17:45 EDT - official answer is to
follow my agreements to defer.

> [...]
> RL> is explicitly referenced but not present, an exception should be
> RL> thrown.
>
> ACTION: We'll log a message in this case.
>
> EB> Pete's ok with this action.
>
> EB> Andy's ok with this action.
>
> EB> Ken's ok with this action.
>
> EB> Martin is ok with this action.
>
> EB> Kito is ok with this action
>
> EB> Alexandr states, "if related document was not present, it is
> critical error, therefore Exception should be thrown."  Given the
> prevailing opinion, we'll stick with logging.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 3.  FacesRenderKit annotation hasn't existed from some time
> RL> now.
>
> ACTION: Remove this from the spec.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 4.  Javadocs for EditableValueHolder.addValidator() and
> RL> ValueHolder.setConverter() mention ResourceDependency annotation
> RL> processing.  This documentation should be moved to
> RL> Application.createConverter() and Application.createValidator().
>
> ACTION: Will fix this in the spec.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 5.  3.1.11 mentions that the AttributesMap, if the current
> RL> component is composite, must eval any ValueExpressions stored in
> the
> RL> Map.  This is incorrect.  This logic is handled by the
> RL> CompositeComponentAttributesELResolver
>
> ACTION: Will fix in the spec.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 6.  Preface references META-INF/managed-beans.xml.  Support
> RL> for this file is no longer required.
>
> ACTION: Will fix.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 7.  5.6.2.2 Doesn't mention any support for the special
> RL> parent keyword in #{compositeComponent} expressions.
>
> ACTION: Will fix.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 8.  6.1.1.15 lists Flash as a property of FacesContext.
> It's
> RL> now a property of ExternalContext.
>
> ACTION: Will fix.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 9.  7.1.1 and 7.1.2 Typo in assertion marker
> RL> 'defualtActionListener' and 'defualtRenderKit' There may be
> others.
>
> ACTION: Will fix
>
> RL> ISSUE: 10.  7.4.2 will need to be discussed due to the
> RL> implementation of issue 1066.
>
> ACTION: Will fix
>
> RL> ISSUE: 11.  7.4.3 should include a navigation case example with
> RL> redirect parameters.
>
> ACTION: Will fix
>
> RL> ISSUE: 7.5.1 and others.  This may already be done, but
> RL> PageDeclarationLanguage should be ViewDeclarationLanguage
>
> ACTION: Will fix. Make sure retargetAttachedObjects and
> retargetMethodExpressions are on VDL, not ViewHandler.
>
> RL> ISSUE: 1. Spec ResponseWriter methods: startCDATA endCDATA
> (java.net
> RL> issue 1055) Status: impl done; method javadocs / prose need to be
> RL> done;
>
> ACTION: Will fix
>
> EG> ISSUE: View and custom scoped eager managed beans?
>
> ACTION: Will Fix. Add eager for session scoped managed beans
>
> RL> Update 3rd bullet in 11.5.1 so that pattern for custom faces
> config file
>    names is something that ends with .faces-config.xml.  This brings

Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete