[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] jsr-314-comments at jcp.org goes straight to jsr-314-open.

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at ORACLE.COM
Sun Apr 19 10:06:53 EDT 2009

Hi Ed -

As discussed in the "Open Community Feedback List?" thread, I am very
much in favor of opening up the way in which the community provides
feedback.  It seems like we've got two options for how to do this:

1. Forward emails from jsr-314-comments to jsr-314-open.
2. Open up jsr-314-comments (ie. make jsr-314-comments
read/write/archived for the world).

#2 maintains some separation between EG communications and EG+community
communications.  #1 blurs the lines a bit more than #2 - ie. #1 is
somewhat closer to making jsr-314-open truly open/writable to the
world.  Anyone can send email to jsr-314-open - just that some folks use
a different alias.  Perhaps eliminating the separation is a good thing.

I don't have a strong sense for which of these two options would work
better in practice.  Dan - I know you have spent more time thinking this
through than I have.  Can you comment on how you view #1 vs #2?  Do you
have a strong preference for #1?

 I definitely prefer either of these options over our current
situation.  Just would like to hear more thoughts on the trade-offs
between these options.  Oh, and, I am only speculating that #2 is
actually a valid option.  If it is not, then, yes, I definitely support #1.

Andy