[jsr-314-open] default values for composite component attributes

David Geary clarity.training at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 28 12:59:01 EDT 2009

I'm not seeing default values applied to composite component attributes when
those attributes are not specified in the using page.
I'm also not seeing an difference in behavior in my app when I specify that
an attribute is required and I don't supply it. The javadocs for the
composite:attribute required attribute simply say:
  "True if the page author must supply a value for this attribute."

But it gives no insight as to what should happen when the page author fails
to supply a value. Do we throw an exception? The result of not providing a
required attribute should be specified in the javadocs, IMO.

david