[jsr-314-open] No @PhaseListener annotation in JSF 2.0?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:57:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> neil.griffin at liferay.com> said:
>
> NG> Hi Guys,
> NG> I can't remember -- was it a conscious decision to not have a
> NG> @PhaseListener annotation in JSF 2.0?
>
> Yes, we decided not to have it because we'd need lots of additional
> information related to the timing of discovery.

As I was driving down the road, this exact thought occurred to me. The
annotation would have to support ordering for phase listeners in the same
classpath and it would end up being pretty complicated.

Btw, it's the same reason interceptors have to be declared/activated in an
XML file for JSR-299.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan