[jsr-314-open] FacesContext API

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:23:24 EDT 2009

According to this statement in the JavaDoc for the release() method:

"The implementation must call
setCurrentInstance(javax.faces.context.FacesContext)  passing null to remove
the association between this thread and this dead FacesContext instance."

If the call FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() returns null, then the
FacesContext for the current thread has been released.

With that said, I do believe that it would be reasonable to have a
getReleased() method to compliment release() as is true of the
getResponseComplete() and getRenderResponse() methods for responseComplete()
and renderResponse().

-Dan

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I notice that a lot of places in the JSF code call
> assertNotReleased(facesContext), but is there any way to tell if a context
> has been released?
>
> The only method i see is "release()"
>
> It would be useful to be able to determine the state of this field.
> Feelings?

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan