[jsr-314-open] Editorial suggestions on spec document.

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Sat Aug 15 19:16:09 EDT 2009

While working on the JSR-303 content for my upcoming JSF 2.0 book [1], I
found a few small edits that should be made in the spec document.  I
must say, though, that the document is excellent and Emmanuel should be
commended for his excellent English.  Bravo.

* Example 2.1

The Severity example class shows Info and Error using the "extends" Java
programming language keyword, but ConstraintPayload is an interface.
Therefore, I think they should use the "implements" keyword instead.

It would be nice to show in the example how to get access to the payload
and what you can do with it.

* Example 2.3

the age() property is typed to return Audible.  Shouldn't it retun
Audible.Age?

* Consider inserting a manual page break before example 2.7.

* After example 2.12, you say, "a future version of the specification
  will likely allow it in the future."  Using "future" twice is
  redundant.

* Section 3.1.2

  Java Persistence and Bean Validation

    "place your Bean Validation constraint annotations on the same
  element (field or getter) than your Java Persistence annotations"

  Should be

    "place your Bean Validation constraint annotations on the same
  element (field or getter) *as* your Java Persistence annotations"

* Section 3.5.2

  Check the content and formatting of the code block that shows the
  declaration of the TraversableResolver interface. It has extra
  copy-paste content in it.

[1] http://bit.ly/edburnsjsf2