[jsr-314-open] [AjaxBehaviorEventAttribute] why must it be a literal?

Alexander Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Mon Aug 24 16:24:16 EDT 2009

At least, the literal value would reduce a number of support requests
:-). A lot of people reported about 'rendered' attribute "issue", there
they have a different value of bean property which is bonded to the
'rendered' attribute, therefore some components are not called during
execution phases.
To be serious, behavior works like GUI event handler on client and
server side, hence it has some component functionality and should be
attached to the same event during execute phase as it has been rendered.
The same thing is why 'facet' name could be literal only, I guess.