[jsr-314-open] Roger and I forgot to remove a class: PostAddToViewNonPDLEvent

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:41:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> The class javax.faces.event.PostAddToViewNonPDLEvent should have been
> removed before the spec went final.  There are no usages of this class
> anywhere in the RI, nor is it mentioned anywhere in the PDF document.
>
> I am asking your permission to remove it from the API.

+1

> Speak now or forever hold your peace!

I'm thinking we should establish a voting policy when requests like this go
out to the mailinglist. When a simple ya/nay inquiry is put forth, it needs
let's say 4 EG votes to be considered accepted. Obviously, that would not be
sufficient for big things, but use your best judgment on the classficiation.
When 4 votes are received, just send a follow up message to say "accepted."

Please correct my recommendation if you don't agree.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan