[jsr-314-open] [JSF 2.1 NEW] composite component namespace simplification

David Geary clarity.training at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:01:28 EST 2009

I hope I'm following the new convention for posts--if not, anyone is free to
yell at me. Anyway, this came up at JSF Summit:

Right now, page authors do something like this...

 xmlns:util="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components/util"

..to access composite components in resources/components/util. I'd like to
propose that we allow page authors to simply do this instead:

xmlns:util="components/util"

It's much simpler, and is almost exactly what page authors do in Flex. In
many other respects, btw, implementing components in Flex is very similar to
what we now do in JSF 2.0.

david