[jsr-314-open] [JSF 2.1 NEW] behavior simplification

David Geary clarity.training at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:05:51 EST 2009

I think the behavior API is a great start, but my head hurt when Andy was
explaining it at JSF Summit (no reflection on you, Andy! :)). For 2.1, I
would like to see a simplification along the lines of the simplifications we
made to component development for JSF 2.0 with composite components.

Ideally, it would be great if we could just implement, for example, a JS
file (like we now just implement XHTML for composite components), and have
that transform into a behavior, complete with tag, that page authors can
attach to components, again, similar to the way we transform XHTML files
with composite component implementations into component tags.

Also, I noticed that Jim Driscoll's post about implementing custom behaviors
seems to have copied a good deal of code right out of the RI. Could we make
that code accessible to developers so they don't have to reinvent?

Thanks,

david