[jsr-314-open] [JSF 2.1 NEW] behavior simplification

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 8 13:34:27 EST 2009

On 12/7/09 12:44 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> +1, I think this should go right into the issue tracker

Yes, please file it.

>> On Dec 7, 2009 3:06 PM, "David Geary" <clarity.training at gmail.com
>> <mailto:clarity.training at gmail.com>> wrote:

>> Also, I noticed that Jim Driscoll's post about implementing custom
>> behaviors seems to have copied a good deal of code right out of the
>> RI. Could we make that code accessible to developers so they don't
>> have to reinvent?

There does seem to be a fair bit of boilerplate (20+ lines) that you
have to add to every single component that you want to be behavior
aware.  It should be possible to capture that for the simple case, at
least (i.e., the component is otherwise not operating on any DOM0 events).

Jim