[jsr-314-open] [www.javaserverfaces.org] A couple of things

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:58:41 EST 2009

Ill work on the organization some tonight.

Lincoln Baxter III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.

On Dec 9, 2009 5:50 PM, "Dan Allen" <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Kito Mann <kito.mann at virtua.com> wrote: > >
Two things: > > (1) Whe...

I added a short blurb to the home page about the JSF ecosystem and included
a link to this site. I was careful to say that it is not an official
representation, but is nonetheless useful.

Btw, we don't have to have everything on the front page, I'm just adding
information and we can reorg as needed. We can include some nested
navigation to break it up. For instance, the related specifications section
should likely be a subpage of Specification called "Related Specifications".
Just haven't gotten to it yet (I've kind of flooded right now). (Anyone want
to take it?)

> > (2) For the Getting Started section, I see two problems: (a) it only >
talks about JSF 2, and (...

Well, it does have a link to the download page for each project. If you
aren't using Maven, you really can't get around just downloading the dist
(we aren't getting into Ivy).

As for the JSF 2, yes, I think we should just promote JSF 2. They can find
JSF 1.2 if they go to the implementation sites. Not saying we can't mention
the version structure, but we don't want to provide Maven archetype info for
anything but JSF 2.

Since this site is forward looking, we can't really promote starting 1.2
projects. That's really a step backwards. We just need to encourage the
component libraries to get JSF 2 support out there so that we can just
forget about JSF 1.2 (from an advocacy perspective).

Registered Linux User #231597