[jsr-314-open] [JSF2.NEXT] Converers on Input/Output components.

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 02:11:50 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Kito Mann <kito.mann at virtua.com> wrote:

> How does Seam implement this?

As soon as I read the words "converter chain", it set off a little itch in
my brain somewhere. Sure enough, Seam has a converter chain.

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_2/ui/src/main/java/org/jboss/seam/ui/converter/ConverterChain.java

I'm pretty sure somewhere I have even written about it, but that memory has
sort of faded.

I can't believe we didn't push for this in JSF 2.0, but let's just say that
we were already advocating on too many fronts and we simply didn't have
enough guns ;)

Registered Linux User #231597