[jsr-314-open] [ajax] My AI on PartialResponseWriter.

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 10 14:09:22 EST 2009

On 12/9/09 4:06 PM, Ken Paulsen wrote:

> 4b - Why not add them to the queue described in 4a instead of throwing
> an exception (of course detect loops)?

I thought of that, several reasons not to:

1)  There's a good use case to allow nesting one deep.  There's no
similar use case for multiple levels of depth.  (If you have one, let me
know).
2) Ordering becomes complicated if you allow multiple levels of depth.
Complicated is bad - this proposal is already complicated, but no more
than absolutely necessary.
3) We can always add it later, but cannot take it away if we add it now.