[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Resend of JSR-314 EG email practice

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:42:11 EST 2009

I've put this on the wiki for handy reference:
can find it by navigating the wiki)

I've taken some liberty in updating the conventions. Please feel free to
revise until we get something that we'll all stick to.

Personally, I don't see a need for all uppercase prefix tags. It's annoying
to type and uppercase is equivalent to yelling online. So I've suggested
lowercase prefixes like [admin], [community], etc.

As for a new idea, I've never liked the [NEW] prefix because all e-mails are
new by nature. Instead, the prefix should suggest the target version. For
instance, [jsf2next] or [jsf3next]. I'm kind of sticking to the twitter
hashtag that we have blasted out about since it's already out there. Again,
feel free to challenge.

I'm sure in time we'll settle into a nice groove.

-Dan

Registered Linux User #231597