[jsr-314-open] [JSF 2.1 NEW] composite component namespace simplification

Kito Mann kito.mann at virtua.com
Fri Dec 11 13:07:12 EST 2009

---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

Sign up for the JSFCentral newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM, David Geary <clarity.training at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Yup, understood, thanks for the clarification, Dan.
>>
>> btw, it seems to me that we really don't need the jsf prefix either. After
>> all, it's only used in JSF applications, so I'd just prefer something like
>> cc:acme, which of course, ala Dan's clarification really means cc:whatever.
>>
>> I suppose one could argue that we should have it because we have it in our
>> other namespaces, but we're not using java.sun.com, which we also have in
>> the other namespaces, so why not just simplify as much as possible and say
>> cc:whatever?
>>

> Just to throw in another option, we could do jsfcc. That way, we qualify
> but still cut another character.
>
> Perhaps we need a vote.
>
> a) jsf:cc:whatevername

+1

I still think it makes sense to start with a unique namespace.